Encuentro plays flamenco-inspired music - passionate, fiery, deep.
Experience a fusion of flamenco, contemporary latin, funk and jazz.
Be mesmerised by the exquisite guitar playing of Juan Martinez from Madrid and the rhythmic brilliance of Peter Vadiveloo on percussion.
- Encuentro was absolutely great. Our festival crowd loved them, and we received many comments regarding their talent. We’d have no hesitation in booking them again or recommending them to other festivals and events (Petti McInnes, Globe to Globe World Music Festival).
- Encuentro thrilled our Newstead Live! audience with high class and passionate flamenco-inspired music and dance. They are a professional unit that knows how to deliver. The brilliant and seemingly effortless flamenco guitar playing was a highlight of the festival. I look forward to having them back at Newstead Live! (Andrew Pattison, Festival Director, Newstead Live! Music Festival).
- Encuentro lit up the Caravan Music Club with a brilliant and passionate performance that left the rapturous audience calling for more. It was an outstanding showcase of flamenco that lifted the audience with an electrifying atmosphere. It was a privilege to have hosted Encuentro (Steve Carr, The Caravan Music Club).
- Yours is a brilliant act. The exquisite flamenco guitar with bass and percussion provided a rich and expressive cultural experience for the audience. A superb performance (Barry Stuckey, Gippsland Acoustic Music Club).
- Encuentro was one of the highlights of the 2013 festival. Their energy, enthusiasm and colourful performance left an indelible memory for many festival goers. We hope to see them again! (Shima Ibuki, Coordinator, Surrey Hills Music Festival).
Encuentro is based in Melbourne (Kulin nation), Australia.